Saturday 12 May 2012

Video Production sessions


Video Production sessions

A topic that I found of interest from my fieldwork two placement was the concept of using art for rehabilitation purposes. Cole (2012) suggests that OT evaluations within art as a form of therapy is about seeing how the client perceives themselves in terms of the self-image, emotions and relationship with others. Art therapy has really opened my eyes to the other methods or rehabilitation other than just your standard, every day run of the mill, rehab exercise. Within my placement setting I witnessed the joy, triumph and improvement for clients that had both physical and intellectual disabilities. For me watching on I saw a “level playing field” if you will. These people that have been perceived by society as not being the same as everyone else can now, by way of art, just be the same as everyone else. This is empowering those with disabilities at its finest.
Here are some you tube clips to show what I am talking about above to illustrate what an awesome thing this is!



References

Cole, M. (2012). Group dynamics in occupational therapy. Slack Corp: USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment