Thursday 26 April 2012

Occupational engagement, doing, being, belonging and becoming.

I have created a photo presentation in the for of a slide show. The topic I  have chosen is game play and I have chosen this because of my participation in a day hospital rehab setting of one of my placements last year. While on placement I notices that game play was a pivital part of rehabilitation for some stroke patients. The idea of hand eye coordination and building strength in the effected side was very prominent and I believe that this was a very effective tool in the recovery of these patients. Furthermore, while there was individual work done with these patients there was also alot of group work which built a strong sense of belonging in these patients. By getting the patients to engage with the games and with each other it helps to aid the recovery process which can be long and hard for server stroke patients. The slides illustrate the idea of doing, being, becoming and belonging.
So here it is!!

http://www.slideshare.net/emilyh1989

No comments:

Post a Comment